Monday, January 23, 2012

Belated anniversary 1

In December, this blog had its seventh anniversary. I had some thoughts on the subject, but I think I'll save them for the next birthday proper. Nevertheless, a year (December-December) of the more interesting posts here:
On the baloney brutality of Willy Decker's Traviata
On Meyerbeer's L'Africane
On Tchaikovsky's Queen of Spades and Russian Francophilia
On Schubert's Edenic Die schöne Müllerin
On Strauss' Capriccio
On Lully's Atys
Review: Siegfried
On Angela Gheorghiu and Cilea's Adriana Lecouvreur

1 comment:

  1. I think I may have commented only once or twice in the past but I did want to say how much I enjoy your blog and that I do read it regularly. (As my list of blogs to read grows it gets harder to check in on a daily basis but I do check in at least twice a week.) So happy anniversary and many more!

    WV: "hitand" OK, way too easy.

    ReplyDelete

Absolutely no axe-grinding, please.